Anno iOS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anno iOS Forum

***** PLEASE FOLLOW US TO OUR NEW, IMPROVED SITE AT ANNOIOS.COM *****

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Down time Issues thread

+12
Zenobia
Tea
iccor56
Myainsel
VioletVision
Rob660
Freddy1252
A_n_d_r_e
Thaismile
Tinson
Emillie
TheDamien
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Freddy1252

[quote="Thaismile"]So it asking us to update our client but how? [/quote)
I'm getting the same message. (west coast canada).

27Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Tinson

App store update when it is avaible

28Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:55 pm

TheDamien

Don't expect a fix of the production "glitch." When you log in, the production numbers shown are a history of what happened before you logged on. I haven't quite determined the timescale. If i recall, when Anno Online had this method, you logged in to 30m of history, and then it would record up to the most recent 6h. These numbers dont quite sound like that, but the fact remains the same: You really shouldn't be trusting that history, as its subject to any changes in islands and doesn't define its timescale.

29Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:40 pm

Tinson

No I haven't trusted those numbers if my recollection is correct its production of tools every 7 minutes if my calcs were correct that should be 8 per hour for one chain.

30Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Rob660

Hello everyone! Still no update on iOS for me. Hopefully everyone is doing well otherwise :-) I am hoping their unscheduled maintenance corrects the chat crash problem.

31Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:50 pm

VioletVision

VioletVision

Blaaaa. Still not working. So bored of waiting lol.

32Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:25 pm

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

I have changed the banner at the top of the page to indicate the game is still down. I'll change that when it's back up (if it goes back up when I'm awake lol) so everyone can see that right away.

I've had no reply from Anno Mobile Support. And there is no news on their twitter since their notice 8 hours ago. Sad

https://annoios.forumotion.com

33Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:31 pm

VioletVision

VioletVision

Rob that would be great but I seriously doubt it. (HI ROB!! btw lol)

34Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:48 pm

JupiterFlux

To be clear, I know at least some of you got it, but... Basically this is a classic case of Apple being slow to approve updates, it's happened with numerous other apps, I've given up after waiting a couple weeks for some. What happens is the developers update the game's back end (servers) and the front end (the client), however Apple needs to approve the client update before anyone can download it. So we're stuck waiting. If it means anything, every iOS user will have the exact same wait. Best suggestion is to make sure your automatic updates are on and you're connected to wifi, plug in your device at night. If you're lucky, you'll wake up one morning and the update will be ready. Otherwise, check the App Store frequently, it could take days... Or, unfortunately, it could take weeks. In the meantime, watch a TV series or something. Helix starts again on January 16th (in the US anyways) so, now could be a great time to rewatch season 1.

35Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:56 pm

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

JupiterFlux wrote:To be clear, I know at least some of you got it, but... Basically this is a classic case of Apple being slow to approve updates, it's happened with numerous other apps, I've given up after waiting a couple weeks for some. What happens is the developers update the game's back end (servers) and the front end (the client), however Apple needs to approve the client update before anyone can download it. So we're stuck waiting. If it means anything, every iOS user will have the exact same wait. Best suggestion is to make sure your automatic updates are on and you're connected to wifi, plug in your device at night. If you're lucky, you'll wake up one morning and the update will be ready. Otherwise, check the App Store frequently, it could take days... Or, unfortunately, it could take weeks. In the meantime, watch a TV series or something. Helix starts again on January 16th (in the US anyways) so, now could be a great time to rewatch season 1.

What I don't get is this: why didn't Ubisoft wait for Apple to put up the update before making the game unplayable without it? Yes, they have to wait for Apple to do their thing but why not leave the game as-is on their end in the meantime? The hundreds of other iOS games I've played over the years I've had iPads have no problem doing this. When the update goes live, they hit "go" or whatever on their end, and a pop-up tells you (if you are in, or try to open the game), that you must download the update to play. The game does not HAVE to be totally out of commission while they wait on the Apple store. Literally thousands of other games can manage it so as not to disenfranchise their customers like this by letting the game go black for days or possibly weeks.

36Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

Also, since this is obviously pretty much the only topic we can discuss right now, lol, I moved it to its own forum and put it at the top of the homepage. I hope no one has any trouble finding it. I left a shadow in the location it used to be to guide folks here.

37Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:21 pm

JupiterFlux

I don't know. I know other games do that, in my experience Ubisoft tends to make unpolished games, that is they have more bugs and things compared to other developers, they just release a lot more games compared to those other developers. In the meantime... I was thinking, since this is a fan run forum (unless it's just an unofficial forum run by some game developer individually and I don't know about it), this isn't really the place for it, but I'll ask here since I don't really know where else to ask that plenty of us will see it... I have experience with web development and hosting and would be willing to host fancier forums for us, with a proper website to go with it if you'd like, a place for screenshots and whatever. Anyways, just a suggestion to whichever of you runs the forums.

38Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:23 pm

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

JupiterFlux wrote:I don't know. I know other games do that, in my experience Ubisoft tends to make unpolished games, that is they have more bugs and things compared to other developers, they just release a lot more games compared to those other developers. In the meantime... I was thinking, since this is a fan run forum (unless it's just an unofficial forum run by some game developer individually and I don't know about it), this isn't really the place for it, but I'll ask here since I don't really know where else to ask that plenty of us will see it... I have experience with web development and hosting and would be willing to host fancier forums for us, with a proper website to go with it if you'd like, a place for screenshots and whatever. Anyways, just a suggestion to whichever of you runs the forums.

Hey, I sent you a PM. Smile

39Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:10 pm

Myainsel

Its a shame. I've been loving Anno for a week or two, and now this. I was so looking forward to logging on to my 1000 merchants this morning Crying or Very sad It sucks that such a great game is being run by EA lite.

40Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:26 pm

VioletVision

VioletVision

So... Anyone doing anything fun tomorrow? Lol. I'm trying to distract myself from the fact that my ppl probably have no bread or linens since I wasn't done setting those islands up fully yet:((

41Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:33 pm

JupiterFlux

I'm not sure what I'll be doing tomorrow, I tried playing Anno 2070 today and couldn't get it to launch properly. So not that. I can say that I do believe all my stuff should be good and going. With steady increases for everything except my Linen Garments, which of course just barely supplies my existing population. What do they do with those clothes? I don't buy new clothes nearly as frequently as my people do.

42Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:11 am

JupiterFlux

Anno for iOS has been updated! Get the update! Now!!!

43Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:18 am

JupiterFlux

It looks like the servers may have been down longer than we thought, I didn't gain nearly as much stuff as I feel I should have. Though it does annoy me that my current problem is a lack of money not any resources and that my treasury was full, had I been on I could've spent some so I could get more. Oh well. Back to work on things now so, it's as good as it's gonna get I guess.

44Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:30 am

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

THE UPDATE IS IN THE APP STORE - yay!!!

45Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:35 am

Jun Yi

\o/

46Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:41 am

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

I was really lucky. And really lucky I didn't go to be without checking one last time lol. My people still had 78 spcies. I bought some more at not a great price but a bunch of them because I'm going to have a busy day tomorrow. But I'm really lucky they didn't run out.

Of course, I maxed out my treasury early this morning so if they'd been without spice a few hours it wouldn't have mattered! lol. My other ships were happily sailing away their continuous routes all day. My explorations on my Newport and my herb isle will still finish tomorrow night and I need to get some more ships ready.

Anyway, just glad it was only a day we lost the game. Hope this doesn't happen again soon.

47Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:40 am

Tea

I've got a conspiracy theory... servers crash at the same time that EA launches SimCity: Build It! ? Hmmm..... The game sucks by the way especially compared to Anno. Just another complete-the-task type game. Not much depth, though it's visually appealing.

LMAO - while Anno was down, I saw Sim City go up and downloaded it to try. It's very different from the original Sim Cities. More like Sim City meets Hay Day / Farmville. Sad

48Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:41 am

Tea

Yes it IS!

49Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:01 pm

iccor56

is anyone else getting 'asset server not reachable cannot download assets' error?

50Game Down time Issues thread - Page 2 Empty Maintenance tomorrow Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:21 am

Tea

Heads up, game undergoing maintenance tomorrow! If you need to stabilize your empire don't forget to do so.

The maintenance will include a winter update (snowfall on empire), new quests with prizes for winter avatar them or something and if you check your inbox they've given out some free wood. Like last time, they don't know how long it will take for the new update to become available on the app store.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum