Anno iOS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anno iOS Forum

***** PLEASE FOLLOW US TO OUR NEW, IMPROVED SITE AT ANNOIOS.COM *****

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quick Tips

+2
Tea
Tinson
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Quick Tips Empty Quick Tips Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Tinson

Most buildings can be moved. Explore new area by tapping the foggy area. Exploriation costs both resources and money so before advancing to next city level try to have excess of goods and positve income. When finances allow update your warehouse and treasury you will need it. Group pioneers together they only require a church, market, and carpenter. Rotating market ,church firehouse etc will change area of influence.

2Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Tinson

Some quests require you to find a missing person. They are stationary and a purple shade and not necessarially in the actual town zoom in and out to locate. Other quests need wool or wheat. Aproperly running production chain will not have these goods until the warehouse is full and storing wheat or wool. If you wish to complete that quest one option is to build a wheat farm without the mill or bakery. For wool only build a sheep farm but no spinners hut.

3Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:15 pm

Tea

I think some of the things you mentioned here go better (and already answered) in the FAQ section, but thanks for sharing your strategy of rotating buildings. That's interesting and I never though of it. Maybe I'll try it though it might be turn out to be too much of a hassle for me.

4Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:33 am

Tinson

Tried not to.have overlapping information from the facts but started thinking of what stumped me at certain stages and is asked so many times in chat. I got on a roll and and just kept typing.

5Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:57 am

GianQuinto

I think it would be useful to have list of city level unlocks.
In other words: what buildings/upgrades unlock at which level?
Also for player levels? not sure that unlocks anything though..

Didnt really know were to put this so i just used this thread. Smile
Im to lazy to make one myself.
But i think people will contribute to it.

6Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:44 pm

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

GianQuinto, since this is a "quick tips" thread, I think any and all quick tips or questions make sense to go in here. I have kept track of some but not all buildings and upgrades unlocked on leveling. By that I mean I think I caught all the new buildings you get on leveling, but not all the upgrades. I will create a thread with what I have. Smile

https://annoios.forumotion.com

7Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

My wood tip:

On any island, try looking at putting lumberjack huts on the edge of the fog of the next sector. It counts all the trees in the fog. So you can move lumberjacks there and build on the forests you had been chopping wood from. Smile

ETA: This is especially useful in the northwest sector of Newport: you can get two 100% lumbermills by the stone location, and also fit all the buildings in the chain needed to make tools between there and the nearby iron. You can have 3 lumbers there at <100% but still good.

Last edited by Zenobia on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://annoios.forumotion.com

8Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:56 am

Tea

I'd just like to add to wood tips: don't be afraid to cleverly build winding roads through forests to avoid knocking down trees and so you can keep 50/50 trees for your lumber jack Wink

Here's an image as an example. There used to be a production site in the hi-lighted area along with a lumber jack. I had farms and fields placed in and around the trees and as you can see, I also put in the effort to find routes for the roads so they wouldn't knock down any trees. I had this forest shared between two lumber jacks both at 100%. One of the lumberjacks is still there a bit to the north east. Now that I've opened a new sector I moved the production site and will use this land for more residents Smile Very Happy

Quick Tips Windin10

9Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:25 am

Tinson

My moldy box tip: When settling up new island any moldy box content can be placed in that islands inventory. Example new hemp island this chain requires stone in that island tap the stone moldy box and it will be added to that islands inventory.

10Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:37 am

Tinson

Deleting ships: Does anyone know if ship upgrades are lost when a ship is deleted? The cost of ship and materials are lost but unsure about upgrades.

11Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:07 am

VioletVision

VioletVision

I would assume they are.  I'm too afraid to find out! Laughing

12Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:51 pm

TheDamien

When you delete a ship, everything is lost. The only exception would be ruby-purchased ships/ sails/ cargo. Ruby items return to inventory on deletion. Normal items deleted with a ruby item (say a ship with ruby sails, or cargo on a ruby ship) are lost as normal. Later versions added a small circular green arrow to ruby items to signify their reusability.

13Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:02 am

Tinson

Production question i am trying to figure the number of transport ships to ship items. for example bread production 20 bread production consumption 18 . Is this production number every 30 seconds every hour. Just trying to get an understanding of these numbers

14Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:16 am

Tinson

Island explotiation have just colonized a medium wheat island with 3 fresh water. Was reviewing sectors to be explored there are 3 seperate northern sectors that show 2.5 million cost per sector900 beer, per sector and 400 beef per sector . If this is correct total 7.5 million cost 2700 beef 1200 beer and 21 days total exploriation. This will be very expensive and not worth it. Surely this isnt correct

15Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Tea

Tinson, I don't think anyone has accurately figured out the production times shown. From what I've gathered, I think that the production times are actually not the same for all products. I think the game tries to give you a meaningful value for each product relative to its own production time but there isn't a standard time unit in those figures shown. I say this because of the following test I did:

I tried to measure my herbs production and compare it to the figure shown in the island storage screen. I had 3 herb plantations each produces a single herb every 11 minutes. My storage screen was showing production as +5. So to get a timescale for this I just need to find the time required for 3 hemp plants to produce 5 hemp and I got 18.33 minutes.

Then I tried the same thing with beer production and got 8.25 minutes as the timescale.

So that why I think the timescale might actually be relative to each product and the figures just give you a meaningful idea as to whether you need to increase production to satisfy consumption or not. If this is the case, then I don't think it's worth figuring it out for each product. I just go with the flow and whenever i'm overproducing some items then I rotationally sell those items via trade depending on market prices and which would be more profitable to sell at the time

16Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:13 pm

Tinson

Thanks for answering Tea. I guess i will move a few wheat chains off Newport and see if my ships can keep up with demand. Gonna go with the flow.

17Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:02 pm

VioletVision

VioletVision

That's a good a theory as any Tea. Good job!

18Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:02 pm

Tinson

My Newport has 1500 merchants. Wondering about book chains how many of each building will be required? My merchants are gobbling up spices and see will need indigo for books what consumption of indigo should i be expecting. Thanks in advance for any tips pointers

19Quick Tips Empty Re: Quick Tips Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:53 pm

VioletVision

VioletVision

I'm at nearly 2300 merchants and I run three paper mills, and 8 presses and am in the positive on books.  The base ratio is three presses for one papermill

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum