Anno iOS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anno iOS Forum

***** PLEASE FOLLOW US TO OUR NEW, IMPROVED SITE AT ANNOIOS.COM *****

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Down time Issues thread

+12
Zenobia
Tea
iccor56
Myainsel
VioletVision
Rob660
Freddy1252
A_n_d_r_e
Thaismile
Tinson
Emillie
TheDamien
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Game Down time Issues thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:52 am

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

They have posted conflicting information about the time the game will be down. Their twitter account said yesterday, "We will be performing maintenance works starting on Thursday, January 8th from 11:00 to 01:00 PM (CET). A surprise awaits you!"

But I just got a message in-game that says it starts an hour later and may take much, much longer than that:
BlueByte wrote:As you may have read on Facebook and Twitter, we will be performing maintenance tomorrow (Thursday) at noon (CET).
The update does not only bring you snow covered islands. We also prepared a few special quests, which will reward your avatar with winterly prizes.
And to withstand the cold you will get wood on the house. Please note that it may take a while until the update is available on the App Store. Please understand that we won't be able to give you detailed information about the exact time since this is beyond our sphere of influence.

https://annoios.forumotion.com

52Game Down time Issues thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:56 am

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

11AM CET is 5AM EST. I would assume since it says 11am in one place and 12pm in another, that if you want to be on the safe side, check in and use up all your gold at 4:30am Eastern... or when you go to sleep the night before (which is 1:30am Pacific).

53Game Down time Issues thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:59 am

Jun Yi

Ubi worst company ever !
In Taiwan they said the maintenance will be over at 8 pm. And guess what now the game is asking for an update (same as last time) but again the update is not available in applestore ...

54Game Down time Issues thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:19 am

JupiterFlux

I still don't understand why they don't just wait for Apple to approve the update before updating their servers.

55Game Down time Issues thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:31 am

mehul1511

So on their twitter @AnnoEmpire_EN they posted it is back up two hours ago. But I still have no luck. They can do better than this Mad

56Game Down time Issues thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:35 am

JupiterFlux

The servers may be back online, but as they were updated you need the updated game client from the App Store. Which requires it to pass through Apple's review process first. It'll take time.

57Game Down time Issues thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:47 am

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

JupiterFlux wrote:I still don't understand why they don't just wait for Apple to approve the update before updating their servers.
That's why I say! Hundreds of other game companies are able to do this all the time. Argh!

58Game Down time Issues thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:13 pm

spacemanspiff

Oh man, they're killing me, was hoping to get my second quartz mine setup today. Don't know why they can't have different clients accessing different APIs running concurrently, but their engineering has always been wanting.

On the positive side, looking forward to snow!

59Game Down time Issues thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:16 pm

JupiterFlux

Eh, my opinion has always been that sinks off releases a lot of games, but they tend to be unpolished, having issues like this and such. But hey, I like Anno and Anno on my iPhone is just too good to give up. So I'll wait... impatiently...

60Game Down time Issues thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:14 pm

JupiterFlux

Update available in the App Store! That didn't take as long as I thought it would.

61Game Down time Issues thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:16 pm

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

YAYYYYYYYYYY!

I updated the banner on the homepage so hopefully everyone finds out very soon. Smile

62Game Down time Issues thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:17 pm

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

I think everyone in the world is trying to login to the game this minute. I am having trouble getting in. The snow on the load screen is pretty though. Smile

ETA: I'm in! ooooooh, there is LOTS of pretty snow all over my kingdom! I am going to take some screenshots for posterity. Smile

Last edited by Zenobia on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

63Game Down time Issues thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Down time Issues thread Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:18 pm

mehul1511

winter update available in app store woo hoo..
good luck!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum