Anno iOS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anno iOS Forum

***** PLEASE FOLLOW US TO OUR NEW, IMPROVED SITE AT ANNOIOS.COM *****

You are not connected. Please login or register

FAQ

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FAQ Empty FAQ Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:37 pm

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

Please feel free to create a thread if you have a question not answered in this FAQ.  I will continue to update this OP with frequently asked questions and answers.

INCOME AND PRODUCTION

What do the numbers under the coin icon (top left) mean?
The first number is net income or loss. The middle number is income (from homes). The bottom (red) number is your total operating costs for all your buildings.
Why don't my numbers add up?
There is a hidden +50 income, a gift from your buddy Northburgh. Smile

How do I make more money?

• The short answer is build and ascend more houses. Your houses, until you can trade, are your sole source of income.
  • The longer answer is to also optimize your production.

• Make enough of everything your people demand. When you tap a home, if the icon for that item is green, you are good to go. If it is yellow or red, you need to produce more of that item. If your home has a "!" over it, you are completely out of something they want and are not making you the money they could.
    • Don't make TOO much of what they need. Every structure in this game other than a home costs you money to run. If you have too many of them, more than your people consume, you are losing money. You can pause a building and pay only half price upkeep, or demolish the building (pickaxe icon), but if you demolish it, you lose what you spend to build it.
    • Optimally, you want to make a little bit more than the demand calls for. That way your inventory of the item grows slowly, and you can fulfill all your quests from inventory. And you have a bit of a cushion so that when you build more homes, and those more people want more of said item, if your net becomes negative, your people are still being fed/clothed by what you stored until you build more.

Why are my residents moving out?

• All residents must range of a market and have a road connecting it to the market.
  • As your city grows, your people demand more of you. If you don't meet their new needs, they will leave you. Tap the residence. If the icons are green, those needs are being met. If yellow or red, they are not and you must supply them with what they now ask for to keep them in your burgeoning city.
  • The top row of demands are goods. The bottom row are buildings. Each building has a different sized range, and your home must be in range and connected by a road to those buildings.
  • Pioneers eventually require fish, goat milk, woolen garment and a market. When carpenters (the plank & hammer icon), chapels and fire stations become available, you must be in range of those for people to move in and to ascend to vassals, but if you fill the home then move it out of range, they do not leave.
  • Vassals need fish, bread, goat milk, cider, woolen garments, a market, carpenter and chapel. When linen garments, fire stations and taverns become available, you must be in range of those for people to move in and to ascend to merchants, but if you fill the home then move it out of range, they do not leave.

Why is my production lagging?

• Do you have a distribution house in range of all production buildings/fields in that production chain? If not, you need one. If that distribution house is serving a ton of other buildings as well, build another.
  • Do you have distribution houses but it's still slow? Try building stone roads. Carts move much faster on them than dirt roads and greatly improve your efficiency.
  • Is your storage of that item full? If so, it shows a down arrow but you are already making more than you need.
  • Do you have the optimal ratio of buildings in the supply chain? If you are not sure what the optimal ratio is, there are 2 ways to tell:
    A) you can tap each building in the chain and see how often it produces. If your raw material takes 6 minutes to produce and your secondary produces every 3 minutes, then you need 2 raw material buildings for every one secondary.
    B) Check in the build menu. If you tap a building in the chain, it pops up a diagram showing the supply chain and ratios.
  • Some basic ratios:

• 1 bakery : 1 mill : 2 wheat farms
    • 1 cider brewery : 2 apple farms
    • 3 monastery breweries : 6 monastery gardens : 4 wheat farms (or 1:2:1.3)
    • 1 spinner's hut : 1 sheep farm
    • 1 weaver's hut : 3 hemp plantations
    • According to the graphic, 4 toolmaker's workshops : 3 iron ore smelters : 2 iron mines : 4 charcoal burner's huts. If you don't want / have that many, I do fine with 2:1:1:2 works well enough.
    • When you unlock coal mines, 4 toolmaker's workshops : 3 iron ore smelters : 2 iron mines : 2 coal mines.

What are stone roads for?
Carts move faster on stone roads, optimizing your efficiency. Connecting production buildings to distribution house via stone roads is a good idea, assuming you don't think you'll want to move those buildings. Each road segment costs 5 stone to make, and you only get 2 stone back each from demolition.

Last edited by Zenobia on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 11 times in total

https://annoios.forumotion.com

2FAQ Empty Re: FAQ Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:59 pm

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

SHIPS & TRADE

How do I go on a treasure hunt?
  • Build a shipyard and a naval engineer. Each of those buildings must go on the coast near the harbourmaster. Each takes up the same depth as the harbourmaster, and is 5 squares wide.
  • Use the naval engineer to make the required ship parts (5 ship's planks and 5 sailcloths). The first treasure ship is best made when you have a quest to do so, because the quest rewards you with 4/5 of each.
  • Go to the shipyard, ship type = treasure hunt, select the lowliest captain (on the left, unless you are very high level, in which case you really don't need this FAQ lol), ship size again the lowliest one, then on the ship costs page, tap the + under the captain icon to buy the captain in the tavern. You can also pre-buy the captain in the shop, but I find it easier to do it from the ship building screen because then you are certain you are buying the correct captain. Tap "build ship."
  • When your ship is ready, go to your inventory and tap it to retrieve it.
  • Find your lighthouse. It is offshore, in the southeast. This is where all ships hang out when they are not on a mission for you.
  • Tap the ship and start your treasure hunt.

How do I discover new islands?
  • Build a discovery ship in the shipyard (with supplies from the naval engineer and a captain from the tavern).
  • Tap the finished ship in your inventory.
  • Find it at the lighthouse, tap it, send it on a discovery mission.

How do I acquire an island?
  • You must first find one you want with your discovery ship (see above).
  • Then, you must build a colonization ship.
  • The islands you discover are queued up on the second tab of your map icon. It's fertility (what you can plant on it) is shown next to the name. Tap on each island to see what resources it has on them.
  • When you find an island you like, tap the "+" symbol in the top center square of your map and select the island you want to colonize, then your colonization ship.

Do I really have to pay 99 gems to get a second island?!
NO; you do not When you discover an island, there is a timer on it. You have until that timer runs out to colonize it or lose it. The 99 gems is only if you want to keep that island, but not colonize it yet, beyond when the timer runs out. You do not have to spend gems to get islands.

My people want linen garments - how do I get them?
  • First you must discover and colonize an island with hemp on it, and build hemp plantations on it. Also build weaver's huts on it, or on your main island.
  • Upgrade the harbourmaster on Newport to level 2.
  • When you do that, a pier appears. Build a dock on that pier.
  • Build a transport ship, then tap it in your inventory so it goes to your lighthouse.
  • Tap your map icon (top right, arrow pointing to island) and "Add Route." Connect the islands you want to transport between, and which items to transport in which direction (note: if your hemp island has no stone in the first sector, you will first need to use this method to also get stone from Newport to your hemp island).

How do I transport stuff between my islands?
  • Upgrade the harbourmaster on Newport to level 2.
  • When you do that, a pier appears. Build a dock on that pier.
  • Build a transport ship, then tap it in your inventory so it goes to your lighthouse.
  • Tap your map icon (top right, arrow pointing to island) and "Add Route." Connect the islands you want to transport between, and which items to transport in which direction.

How do I get spices?
  • You can only get spices via trade. You cannot grow them until city level 40.
  • Northburgh always has spices for sale. The price he charges you varies by hour. The lowest price is in the low 200's. The price is per spice.

How do I trade?
  • You must have a trade ship, a pier, and a trade storehouse.
  • The ship is built in the shipyard (with supplies from the naval engineer and a captain from the tavern). In the early stages of the game, you can only make the smallest ship.
  • The pier, like the shipyard, must be built on the coast near the harbourmaster.
  • The trade storehouse goes on that pier.
  • Once you have all that, to initiate a trade, tap your harbourmaster and the blue pier icon, then buy or sell.
  • The prices listed are per single unit, and the total number of units available is listed. After you select a seller to buy from, you select how many units you wish to purchase.

How do I get monastery herbs / beer?
  • Go to a liquor store or bar with proof you are of age. j/k lol.
  • You must discover and colonize an island with herbs fertility, and (as with linen / hemp), transport the herbs or the beer to your home island.
  • To discover an herb island, you need a better ship/captain than you first built to find your hemp island. In the shipyard, when it comes time to choose the sailor for your new discovery ship, pick the middle one (he costs 400k). It shows the possible fertilities and deposits each sailor can find, and the island sizes he can find.
  • Note that is is possible for the 400k "Capable Sailor" to find medium islands as well as small. And he can find fresh water (which is the next resource after herbs your Merchants will demand), stone, iron, salt, and furs. It is up to you whether to wait for a medium island with water, salt, fur, stone and/or iron, or to take a small or medium without, to get on with the game.

Why can't I store more than 200 of anything on my new island?
You must build a warehouse on it and upgrade it to store more and more.

Last edited by Zenobia on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:05 pm; edited 7 times in total

3FAQ Empty Re: FAQ Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:16 pm

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

MISCELLANEOUS

Can I check out other players' islands?
In-game, no. Which is a big part of why this forum was created.

Last edited by Zenobia on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

4FAQ Empty Re: FAQ Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

RESERVED for more FAQs

5FAQ Empty Re: FAQ Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:45 pm

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

RESERVED for more FAQs

6FAQ Empty Re: FAQ Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:05 pm

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

RESERVED for more FAQs

7FAQ Empty Re: FAQ Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:00 pm

VioletVision

VioletVision

Why can't I upgrade any more houses?

You can upgrade five houses for every ten you build. So you simply need to build more homes.
Tap your city name to see a drop down that shows you what you need in terms of additional homes.

8FAQ Empty Re: FAQ Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:06 pm

VioletVision

VioletVision

Why does my building have a red exclamation point over it?/ My building says it's missing supplies

No need to panic over this one, though it seems alarming. It happens when your little people are waiting on something they need to make something else. For example: your mill needs wheat. The wheat takes a while to produce, so it simply means the wheat isn't available yet for your Miller to go and grab. It usually corrects itself, but if it persists you need to revisit the ratios, you may need another base supplier.

9FAQ Empty Re: FAQ Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:09 pm

VioletVision

VioletVision

TIP: your buildings automatically pause themselves and drop to the reduced cost when there is no more room in your warehouse for that particular item.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum