Anno iOS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anno iOS Forum

***** PLEASE FOLLOW US TO OUR NEW, IMPROVED SITE AT ANNOIOS.COM *****

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tea's Empire!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tea's Empire! Empty Tea's Empire! Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:09 pm

Tea

Firstly, Thank you Zenobia for setting up this forum and inviting us to use it! You're awesome and there is a need for something like this. I do have some strategies I'd like to share soon (layout and how to get a high income), but I'm pretty busy these days so will just start with a few snapshots of my Island Smile.

First 2 images just show the layout of my Newport. The last 2 images show the most efficient layout I've found so far using Medium Market, Chapel, Tavern, and Carpenter to build a nice, highly dense area for Vassals around them. As you can see, they fit perfectly in a 7x8 rectangle so I call it the 7x8 town center :p When I start building large markets I will try to incorporate Firehouse into that too but we'll see. Hope you enjoy the screenshots and feedback/comments are always welcome!

This is the mainland where I first started. Efficiency of land use here is not as great as my newer areas. Slowly been improving it as needed though
Tea's Empire! Img_3822

These are my newer areas, and I'm in the process of exploring new sector to expand.
Tea's Empire! Img_3818

And finally my 7x8 Town Center! I've used destroy roads tool to clearly show where roads are and the grid. It's a good way if you ever want to clearly show roads, I recommend it! So if you will use this setup, then at first you don't need a tavern for pioneers but just leave space for it. You could even have a house in its place and move it later. Then when you're ready to upgrade to Vassals you build the tavern. Firehouses cover a very large area, so just make sure you make space nearby for it, maybe on the other side of the road.

Tea's Empire! Img_3819

Tea's Empire! Img_3820

You can see from this final image how efficiently I'm using the range of my buildings. The shown range is that of the Carpenter since it has lower range than Chapel, and Tavern.
Tea's Empire! Img_3821

Last edited by Tea on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:02 am; edited 2 times in total

2Tea's Empire! Empty Mainland Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Tea

This is the mainland where I first started. Efficiency of land use here is not as great as my newer areas. Slowly been improving it as need though

Tea's Empire! Img_3814

3Tea's Empire! Empty Re: Tea's Empire! Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:47 pm

VioletVision

VioletVision

Looks good!

4Tea's Empire! Empty Re: Tea's Empire! Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:29 pm

Crypticx

Nice Tea! Your town center idea really helped me out. It took me a while to mess with it but I got it set up like I wanted. I wanted to add to your screenshot of the layout to show how to put the roads around it:
Tea's Empire! D03462450e65948d2d8f8c2348314da4_zps586df4ed

Instead of trying to make the rows of houses go straight out (like I tried at first), lay out the roads like so in a spiral like pattern for maximal space efficiency. Ignore the lumber mill and mine, obviously.

5Tea's Empire! Empty Re: Tea's Empire! Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:50 pm

Tea

Hi Crypticx, I'm really glad you found my idea useful. Wow, I like that spiral setup, great idea! I'm thinking of getting a more quantitative comparison of setups to see exactly how many residences per public buildings different setups can fit to truly get a clear idea of land efficiency. When I have more time, I'll think about the best way to establish such a comparison criteria and maybe we can compare later. Thanks for your feedback and sharing!

I would just recommend try moving your setup more towards a central land area (away from coast and mountains) if possible so you can use most of the land in all directions around the town center Wink

6Tea's Empire! Empty Re: Tea's Empire! Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:38 am

Tea

So here's an update on my empire one week later. Some minor layout changes in sector 1, and many more merchants. Also, having opened sector 5 I've moved one of the production sites to there and built a new residential section in its place.

Upper class district / Old City. I like to keep my trees...

Tea's Empire! Img_3911

Main 'city' area:

Tea's Empire! Img_3912

New production area:

Tea's Empire! Img_3913

My hemp island is a jungle lol:

Tea's Empire! Img_3914

And finally my Beer island, layout inspired by Epik's hemp island. Them merchants like their beer too much:

Tea's Empire! Img_3916

Last edited by Tea on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated beer farm image)

7Tea's Empire! Empty Tea's Empire 2.0 Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:50 pm

Tea

Another week later. I've spent many hours over 3 days to completely reorganize Newport to a much neater and more efficient layout. Now with over 2k Merchants, hopefully this new layout will sustain me well into Imperials without requiring any major changes, to the residential areas at least. Here are the screen shots.

Tea's Empire! Img_3917

After opening sector 6 I first moved all my merchants there temporarily to provide some working space:
Tea's Empire! Img_3918

I decided to make the area by the harbour a production area since the harbour provides collection carts it makes sense to make the most out of it. I also kept enough trees for 3 lumberjacks in this area alone all operating at 100% efficiency. In total, I have 5 lumberjacks on Newport, all running at 100% efficiency:
Tea's Empire! Img_3919

I built pioneers around this second small forest leaving enough space for 1 lumberjack, the rest of the forest I built over. I still have some free space in the middle between these pioneers and the farms east of them. I might simply fill it up with more pioneers or save it for more production:
Tea's Empire! Img_3921

And here's the main residential area after moving my merchants back to the mainland:
Tea's Empire! Img_3922

A close up in case someone's interested in the central layout. It might not be the most space efficient layout as I've used many roads, but I like it since it helps keep things neat and the spacing interesting:
Tea's Empire! Img_3923

I now have more free space in this production area and will likely utilize it for pig farms to satisfy the new Leather Jerkins demand:
Tea's Empire! Img_3924

Moved some residents to the temporary 'village' while I was setting up the new layout. i will move these since they are by mines and freshwater spots. I've learned that areas around specified production spots are best used for production since you will have a distribution house there anyway by necessity. I'll probably move this village to the forest west of here:
Tea's Empire! Img_3925

As for my other islands, my beer hasn't changed but I now also have a medium hemp island and here is what it looks like:
Tea's Empire! Img_3926

8Tea's Empire! Empty Re: Tea's Empire! Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:09 pm

VioletVision

VioletVision

Looks good!

9Tea's Empire! Empty Re: Tea's Empire! Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:44 pm

Tea

thx Violet!

10Tea's Empire! Empty Re: Tea's Empire! Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:29 pm

Zenobia

Zenobia
Admin

All your layouts are so neat and fit together like pieces in a puzzle. You say the downtown is inefficient but really you would be hard-pressed to fit even 1 more home there and it looks smart. Great kingdom!

https://annoios.forumotion.com

11Tea's Empire! Empty Re: Tea's Empire! Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:48 pm

Tea

Ty Zenobia Smile All I meant about the downtown's efficiency is that roads take up space, and having fewer roads for creating blocks of buildings would probably allow for some more room for houses in there.

As it is right now though, you're right, there really isn't any room whatsoever for extra houses around the town center. If I want more houses I'll need to expand more towards the production site to the north. I appreciate your visit and kind comments Very Happy

12Tea's Empire! Empty Re: Tea's Empire! Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:44 am

Jun Yi

I really like what you did with your merchant area !
It's nice to see how we evolve !
Thanks for sharing.

13Tea's Empire! Empty Update Jan 6 2015 Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:36 am

Tea

So I've started outsourcing milk production to my hemp island so I can have more space to populate Newport and I just wanted to show how Zenobia's awesome production setup worked extremely well for me. As you can see in this image, I've managed to support 20 Goat farm's using a single distribution house with stone roads, and they fit in a relatively small land area. Thank you Zenobia for this awesome setup! You can see Zenobia's original setup here: https://annoios.forumotion.com/t15-zenobia-s-empire
(see her 'my medium herb isle' post dated 2014-12-12)
Tea's Empire! Img_3912

Also I got my first Church built so just wanted to update my merchants area with the Church there. Here it is:
Tea's Empire! Img_3910

And here's the roads view:
Tea's Empire! Img_3911

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum