Admin
LevelNameRequiresNew Demands (Type)New NeedsNew BuildingsNew UpgradesUnlocks
Outpost communitypioneer residence, small marketplace
1 Hamlet 1 pioneer fish (food)fisherman's hut
2 Large Hamlet 3 pioneers lumberjack's hut
3 Thorp 25 pioneers milk (drink)goat farm, distribution house, warehouse
4 Small Village 60 pioneers Service 1carpenter's workshop
5 Village 120 pioneers Faith 1chapel sector 2
6 Parish 250 pioneers woollen [sic] garments (clothes)sheep farm, spinner’s hut with wool garments, can ascend to vassals
7 Large Parish 1 vassal mason’s workshop (& stone), stone road, medium marketplace
8 Township 100 vassals bread (food)wheat farm, mill, bakery warehouse L2sector 3
9 Town 300 vassals Entertainment 1tavern, treasury, provision house
10 Large Town 500 vassals cider (drink)apple farm, cider brewery
11 Small Borough 900 vassals Service 2fire station, shipyard, naval engineer treasury L2, warehouse L3 sector 4, shipbuilding, inexperienced treasure hunter
12 Borough 1,500 vassals linen garments (clothes)hemp plantation, weaver's hut, dock, charcoal burner's hut harbourmaster L2, lighthouse L2, distribution house L2 with linen garments, can ascend to merchants, Island Slot 2, Sailor, Loadsman, Mate
13 Small City 1 merchant's residence large market, iron mine, iron ore smelter, toolmaker's workshop treasury L3
14 City 250 merchants monastery garden, monastery brewery, pier, trade storehouse warehouse L4, lighthouse L3Trading, Island Slot 3, sector 5, Capable sailor, Merchant (trade ship captain)
15 Large City 500 merchants Entertainment 2tournament arena treasury L4
16 Region Capital 1,000 merchants books (property)paper mill, printing press lighthouse L4sector 6, Experienced treasure hunter
17 Federal City 1,500 merchants Service 3Debtor's Prison warehouse L5, treasury L5
18 Large Federal City 2,000 merchants leather jerkins (clothes)pig farm, salt mine, salt works, tannery harbourmaster L3, pier L2, lighthouse L5, distribution house L3
19 Grand Federal City2,500 merchants Faith 2churchestreasury L6
20 Burgh3,000 merchantsfur coats (clothes)trapper’s lodge, furrier’s workshopwarehouse L6with fur coats, can ascend to Imperials
21 Local Trading Hub1 Imperialmeat (food)huge marketplace; cattle farm, butcher; forest glassworks, quartz quarry, glass smelter lighthouse L6, treasury L7 sector 7, Experienced sailor
22 Regional Trading Hub 500 Imperials wine (drink)vineyard, cooperage, winepress harbourmaster L4, pier L3?island slot 4
23 Major Trading Hub1,000 Imperials candlesticks (property)apiary, candle foundry, copper mine, copper ore smelter, metal workstreasury L8island slot 5, Lucky treasure hunter
24 Global Trading Hub 1,500 Imperials Service 4surgerylighthouse L7
25 Province 2,500 Imperials glasses (property)optician’s workshop treasury L9
26 Prefecture 3,500 Imperials
27 City State 4,000 Imperials silk weaving mill, gold mine, gold ore smelter treasury L10
NOTE: Tea created a great thread about increasing your income that also includes a description of what "demands" vs. "needs" are.

Last edited by Zenobia on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:20 am; edited 15 times in total

View user profile http://annoios.forumotion.com

2 Re: City Level Chart on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:29 pm

Zenobia

Admin
Anyone who has noted any of the many things missing from my first stab at this, please post, thanks! I will add any additional info posted to the OP.

3 Re: City Level Chart on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:38 am

Thanks for compiling this Zenobia, it's very useful. Great suggestion by GianQuinto. The forum is growing nicely Very Happy

Unfortunately I didn't keep any information so I can't really chime in here. This is an example where lower level players who can confirm or correct the early game information. If anyone taps the city level bar to the right of Newport banner at the top of your screen it will show the city level name, what is required for next city level, and also what will be unlocked at next city level. So if you do that and you notice anything different from the information above please put a comment about it here Smile

View user profile

4 Re: City Level Chart on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:53 am

level 17: 1.5k merchants, debtor Prison (?)

level 18, large federal city, 2k merchants, leather jerkins chain: salt mine etc

level 19 2.5k merchant, church

also
player level 9, piers can be upgraded to lvl 2, harbor can be upgraded to lvl 3

edit: i think building upgrades are related to player level,
ive seen lvl 17 cities with upgraded pier, while i was unable to do so at this city level,
he was lvl 9 at that stage, i was only 8

View user profile

5 Re: City Level Chart on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:48 am

I have a town that is in early stages(registered again and started new account). For a small borough 900 vassals unlock fire station, naval engineer, and shipyard. Copied this from build menu.1.5 k vassals required for dock. New sector exploriation cost 70 k, 200 fish, 100 milk, 8 hrs. Town has a tavern at 500 vassals i dont know if it was avaible before that

View user profile

6 Re: City Level Chart on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 am

Regional trading hub, i think Level 22 500 imperial required you get the whine production chain unlocked, upgrade treasury and harbormaster and pier

Major trading hub Level 23 1000 imperial required unlocks copper, beeswax and entire production chain for candles and candlesticks. Also unlucks new island slot

Those were my last two levels. Dont remember the earlier ones,s orry.

View user profile

7 Re: City Level Chart on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am

Zenobia

Admin
Thanks for the additional info - OP updated! Hope to keep fleshing it out.

8 Re: City Level Chart on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:50 am

You can also add major trading hub as name for lvl 23

View user profile

9 Re: City Level Chart on Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:32 am

level 16 unlocks lighthouse 4, as well as the ability to build medium-size ships.
level 17 also unlocks warehouse 5 and treasury 5

View user profile

10 Re: City Level Chart on Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:41 am

I wanted to add that level 23 aldo allows for production of candlesticks, which are the final product the imperials want once you combine copper and the candles.

Level 24 is called global trading hub
It allows you to upgrade the lighthouse again and you need 1500 imperials to achieve it. You also get one new building: Surgery. It is another need of your imperials at that point and functions the same way as the church, tournament or debtors prison.

Level 25 is when you reach 2500 imperials and adds the production of glasses. Will post more on it when i actually get there. For now, just know the basics from the preview of my next level.

View user profile

11 Re: City Level Chart on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:04 am

Zenobia

Admin
I updated the OP again with more stuff that was posted and a couple things I had noted.

12 Re: City Level Chart on Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:07 am

Could you change lvl25 from glass to glasses, as you get an optician who makes glasses...glass itself unlocks early on when you first get imperials. Thanks.

View user profile

13 Re: City Level Chart on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:06 pm

Could we possibly add to this list, the new demands and needs that residents will require with each new city level? Although I think it goes that they start demanding the end products of each new production chain at the same time they become available, I think it would be nice to confirm and that info clearly laid out. Thoughts?

View user profile

14 Re: City Level Chart on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:38 pm

Zenobia

Admin
Tea wrote:Could we possibly add to this list, the new demands and needs that residents will require with each new city level? Although I think it goes that they start demanding the end products of each new production chain at the same time they become available, I think it would be nice to confirm and that info clearly laid out. Thoughts?

Sure, I can add that! Then, for example, on level 18, instead of saying "leather jerkins chain (pig farm, salt mine, salt works, tannery)" under New Buildings, I would say "leather jerkins" under a new New Demands column, and "pig farm, salt mine, salt works, tannery" under New Buildings. Does that sound good?

15 Re: City Level Chart on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:43 pm

That sounds perfect yea. Also I'd suggest emphasizing the difference between new "needs" (bottom row) and new "demands" (top row) by having those in separate columns too. I don't think enough people understand this concept and it is very important to know and understand for good planning. I'm writing a new post to help explain income strategies better and will explain this concept in it too.

View user profile

16 Re: City Level Chart on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:42 pm

Zenobia

Admin
Tea wrote:That sounds perfect yea. Also I'd suggest emphasizing the difference between new "needs" (bottom row) and new "demands" (top row) by having those in separate columns too. I don't think enough people understand this concept and it is very important to know and understand for good planning. I'm writing a new post to help explain income strategies better and will explain this concept in it too.

Sounds great - I am working on updating the chart now. I will add a note / link to your post in the OP explaining those concepts and strategies when it's ready. cheers

17 Re: City Level Chart on Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Zenobia

Admin
Okay, I think the chart in the OP is starting to shape up. I filled some gaps with info from the anno-online wiki, after noting that the things we did note ourselves matched the anno online game exactly in terms of the items in this chart.

18 Re: City Level Chart on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:01 pm

Could add the following information to the the chart somewhere too if you like, maybe under other benefits:

City lvl 11 (900 vassals), unlock Inexperienced treasure hunter
City lvl 12 (1500 vassals), unlock Sailor, Loadsman, Mate
City lvl 14 (250 merchants), unlock Capable sailor, Merchant (trade ship captain)
City lvl 16 (1000 merchants), unlock Experienced treasure hunter
City lvl 21 (1 imperial), unlock Experienced sailor
City lvl 23 (1000 imperials), unlock Lucky treasure hunter

View user profile

19 Re: City Level Chart on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:48 pm

Zenobia

Admin
Tea wrote:Could add the following information to the the chart somewhere too if you like, maybe under other benefits:

City lvl 11 (900 vassals), unlock Inexperienced treasure hunter
City lvl 12 (1500 vassals), unlock Sailor, Loadsman, Mate
City lvl 14 (250 merchants), unlock Capable sailor, Merchant (trade ship captain)
City lvl 16 (1000 merchants), unlock Experienced treasure hunter
City lvl 21 (1 imperial), unlock Experienced sailor
City lvl 23 (1000 imperials), unlock Lucky treasure hunter
Done!

I changed the final column from "Other Benefits" to "Unlocks" and adjusted the things that were there to remove the now redundant word "unlocks" where it showed up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum