Anno iOS Forum

***** PLEASE FOLLOW US TO OUR NEW, IMPROVED SITE AT ANNOIOS.COM *****

You are not connected. Please login or register

GianQuinto's place

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 GianQuinto's place on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:58 am

Great idea to have a forum to share our islands!
Have seen some interesting things and will use them to improve my island.
This is what i have so far:

main info:
[/URL]

road layout: i like straight roads. i usually leave some space for future buildings (if you ever played anno 1602, you will know why)

I dont care much for pioneers, i use them only for upgrade purposes, they have no access to a market, so all these houses are empty, paying 0 money, costing no goods.
farmlands will eventually need to make way for another layer of houses. I would just mirror the current setup to the other side (wheat farms)

for some reason, these woodcutters all have like 80% efficiency so i just leave them.
have moved wool production to hemp island, milk still on main land.

View user profile

2 Re: GianQuinto's place on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:09 am

Hi Gian, i have few propoposals you may find usefull:
1. Pioneers needs chapel and carpenter houses just for growing. But when you have 8/8 people inside, its just marketplac they need to remain same profit. So you could get extra profits
2. You could destroy pioneers when all yours possible ascended buildings finished
3. Wool and milk transportation is not effective, cause your consumption is too high much cheaper buying bread and destroying all wheat farm( this is not advice)

View user profile

3 Re: GianQuinto's place on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:15 am

i realize that the pioneers will give money when the are connected to a market, however.
roads will mean less houses, more need for wool and milk and profit from pioneers is so small that i just dont tinks its worth it,
better to just go for vassal straight away

good tip about destroying houses, might do that in the future:
build entire island full of homes, max out nr of vassal then remove houses again

View user profile

4 Re: GianQuinto's place on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:11 am

Hi!
Ive done some crazy things at my island.
first of all, I removed all pioneers. Not sure if this is going to work out in the future, but i felt like trying something new.
i build a house on every possible location on my island, upgraded max to vassal and removed pioneers again.
I believe the space pioneers use is more worthy when used for farms.
this way, i dont have to outsource wheat apples or goats. and still have plenty of room left.
this number of hosues will get me to 3k merchants and imperials (i hope lol)
if i want to increase after that point, i will need LOTS of houses. 250 needed for new vassal.
i plan on doing this when i reach the cap with this setup.
i will then remove ALL farmlands: apple and wheat and goat farmlands, not buildings.
build housese on every possible location on the map then upgrade max to vassal and remove pioneer again.

my income is not super great, but take note that i have no books or leather shirts yet.
all other goods are fully maxed out in warehouse.

I will keep you updated on my progress!

Small hemp:

Medium Herb

View user profile

5 Re: GianQuinto's place on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:23 pm

Thanks for sharing GianQuinto! Interesting concept and suggestion from Winger to eventually destroy pioneers. But without pioneers, will you be able to ascend to imperials?? Your layout around the merchants and vassals looks a little like NYC around Central Park area lol. Nice layout Smile

Personally I like to keep pioneers because I like the variety and I try to keep as much forest as possible to make the island look more interesting. Maximum profit is not my main objective although it is something impressive.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum